Sunday 18 November 2007

He cooks......

Satuday morning brought this.....


Our first snow this year. Was so cold outside but was perfect for our christmas pudding plans.

Meanwhile, my sock was progressing nicely




I picked up extra stitches along the heel flap, and I knitted them so they would twist, resulting in this....
A distinct lack of holes along the heel. Very neat. Much happier to knit socks now they come out like that. I was begining to wonder if i had finally encountered my nemesis in the form of a multicoloured sock.... but it turns out that is and adventure for another day.


So this is my end product. Photographed in the icey blue morning light on the balcony



We (and by 'we' I mean the man) had a late start on the christmas pudding. But once it got going it was so much fun. Not to mention yummy (snacking on spare ingredients)

Lots of dried fruit... Apricots and dates here



Smashed almonds... we coulndt get flakes, but anyway having bigger chunks seemed more appealing...
Hamish was really helpful as you can see...


A huge square of cloth and some flour served as our 'seal'



And this is the pudding.... Did I mention that it was huge.... the little almont on top was to give some proportion. So yummy, I cant believe we arnt allowed to eat it till christmas


'Plop' into the water to boil for a delightful 6 hours (this meant we were up tll 2am)


So all in all, a slight increase in productivity.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sweet Hamish! He looked much as our cat, Charlie did--very snoozie and unhelpful--LOL! What such a cosy weekend you had...and your socks a wonderful! I'll take some of that nut mix--yum! Happy week to you ((HUGS))

Rani said...

I don't think I really get what a Christmas pudding is. We usually have a rice pudding with an almond in it. Why so early? Christmas a month away! What tradition is it from? Is it a family recipe? How do you serve it? I'm totally intrigued . . . can you tell? It looks really good! Tell us more!

ps. HOORAY ON THE NO-HOLE sock!!! I got lazy on a pair I'm making and one side has a nice little hole - $&#*. I deserved it, since I was rushing.