Sunday 2 August 2009

Big news!

Well a few things to say at least....

Sadly, because of not having the internet and realising that my initial idea hadn't taken off, I closed 'Craftimis' my etsy shop. However, every end is a new begining..... I am planning to open again, but this time under a new name and with only my handmade items,.... sadly it seemed no-one was particularly interested in the Romanian items.

I finished a couple of things lately, but hadn;t been knitting for ages beforehand. I only have one thing photographed at the moment.... its a pram blanket for my friend who had a baby boy a couple of months ago (oh ...and it's crochet not knitting)...




Our other fairly important news has a lot to do with this.....


Which after five months looked like this......


..... and last month looked like this...

So you can imagine why I don't have photographs of this month cant you....

My little bump is ready in about 3 weeks time, we don't know what we are having as we wanted a surprise, we felt it didn't matter to us either way, so we are very excited.

This has of course meant that we were very desperate to have running water and a bathroom finsihed in our little house before the due date. Our bathroom is finished and the water connected but we can't switch on until tomorrow. Hot showers and flushing toilets as of tomorrow!!! terribly exciting!

So that's a breif update.... I'll be back most likely tomorrow, and the next day and so on and so on... So exciting, plus I have more time to knit now I am on maternity leave! Hooray!

2 comments:

Rani said...

WHHAAAAAT?!? Well HOORAY!! Congratulations! This is fantastic - think of all the little darling knitted (ok, and crochet) items that you can work on. Oh, i am just so happy for you both! A baby. Imagine that. How lovely.

welcome back to blogland.

cashmerecafe said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you in many, many ways :)) I hope you get some time to blog about your newborn (now that you have internet access AND warm running water in the house ;)) Big hug.