Friday 30 October 2009

More mess and car trouble

Well, the other day the weather picked up and we went out in the car to town. We were driving on the country road to town when we decided to stop a little while in the grass, it was so pretty. So, I pulled the car over onto what I thought was grass... however, apparently the barrier was knocked down and was lying invisibly in the grass... I could tell from the crunching grinding sound that followed.... I had gotten lodged on the broken barrier and killed the tire.... impressive huh???

So this is my hubby changing the tire on our old girl...



While Rafaela and I admired the scenery...

...and played at 'driving the car'


We did finally get her moving again.... see... pic of the pretty road to prove it



Thank you for the suggestions to nap instead of blogging...I have a guilty secret to admit though, my baby sleeps all through the night and I don't need to nap... shocking isn't it! In fact, ironically enough, she ONLY sleeps at night...which lead to last nights 'white night', which I pulled in order to get peace to make more mess...



Which eventually resulted in these....


Mission accomplished! These are the finished product modeled by our little madam....


Such a lovely fit, i really like them.

Lastly, I had a fabulous parcel arrive this week, the lovely wool and lace magazine that Marie sent me from her going to paris giveaway....



Gorgeous lambs pride worsted.....Now I just have to find a perfect project for it

4 comments:

Rani said...

hmmmmm. maybe something felted. Little slippers for her when she's a walker...

Sorry 'bout the flat tire, but it looks like you turned the opportunity golden. She is absolutely darling. LOVE those chubby thighs!!!

You are SUCH a talented sewer! WOW!

marit said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! She's so cute:-)

No fun with flat tires, but beautiful colours and surroundings!

Do you have a Singer??? It looks like my old one...I loved it! The diapers look great, I would never have thought of sewing them myself, even if I used them, at least to the boys! When the girls came, I was getting too lazy...

Anonymous said...

Rafaela looks gorgeous!
Ligia

M.E. Greene said...

I'm so glad you like the wool. I hope you find something lovely to make with it. :)